Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Missing in Michigan

The cat has officially left the bag as it were. We're moving to the Arctic Tundra. So, in honor of FairyLand, I'd like to make note of all the things I will and will not miss when we move. Feel free to walk down my blog memory lane if you'd like by following the links.

Of course I will miss the blue fairies. There may be fairies where I am going, but this particular fairy is only found here in FairyLand.

I will miss the waterfalls. I'll miss laying in bed with the windows open in the summer, listening to the waterfall. Though I am moving to a land of hills, I seriously doubt they have waterfalls like this, or this.

Speaking of falls, I will miss Fall. I have never and will likely never again experience anything like this again.

The Orchestra. I know I lamented it, but it really was good for me to pick up the old violin again and give it a go. Maybe I'll find another group to play with.

The mushrooms.

InkMom. I'll miss having her wedge me into her packed schedule. I'll miss the wolf-pack of boys when we get together. I'll miss intelligent conversation (there is the phone, but it's just not the same). I cannot even express my sadness at leaving my dear friend. (Though I seem to go through this with a friend or two wherever I go--you think I'd learn not to make friends). But I'll still read her blog.

I may even miss the Eco-Hippies (though I imagine they're in the Arctic as well).

I'll miss the South, and the dialect here--a little bit.

I'll miss Falls Park.

I'll miss the beach (granted, we only went once, but I'll miss knowing that I could drive to the ocean in under 5 hours).

I'll miss these beautiful mountains.

On the flip side . . .

I will not miss my Orchestra Librarian duties. I have learned my lesson and will not volunteer for such a thing again until I am very old and very bored.

I will not miss driving 30 minutes to kindergarten.

I will not miss the Neo-Hippies (the ultra-left-wing-evangelical wing of the Eco-Hippie movement).

I will not miss my church calling. Sorry, but I won't. (Please don't let this curse me.)

I will not miss hauling my own trash--though I don't know if I'll have to do it up North, but I'm pretending.

I will not miss the Harleys. Not even a little bit.

2 comments:

Gillian said...

Another move? And where exactly? A job change I assume?

InkMom said...

I must say that this is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said about me. Thank you. I will miss you too, my friend, but I'm only a phone call away. Or a blog comment.

It's hard not to be excited for your new situation. If only it didn't have to be so darn far away!