I was reminded of another check-out line experience. Shortly after Elliot was born, I had a little pregnancy scare. I went to Target to buy a little test. I often wonder when buying such items, what the check-out person thinks, or if they'll say anything. They never do--except that day. As I waited for the lady to ring up my items, I tended to my children in the shopping cart. She glanced at my 8-week old baby and my almost-three-year-old in the cart. She picked up the test and said:
"You don't think you might be?"
"I don't know. That's what I hope to find out." I responded.
"How old is the baby?" She inquired.
"8 weeks--they'd be a bit close." I said.
At least she then replied something along the lines of each child being a blessing that we take as they come. I felt a little better at the prospect of two children born in the same calendar year. I felt much better later that day at the denial of that prospect.
3 comments:
I've always wondered what the cashier is thinking too...like when I look like a train wreck and I'm buying tampons and advil. They're probably thinking, "I am not going to mess with this woman!"
I miss you guys. When are you coming up for a visit? :)
I wish we could get up that way regularly--but since both sides of the family moved away, it's really unlikely it'll be soon. Wanna come to camp?
They moved? Where are your parents living now?
Post a Comment