Thursday, September 20, 2007

HO WAITING

Since I married -- just completed 7 years! -- I've had to accustom myself to various aspects of married life. One of which is my married name. It begins with the letters Ho. This is most unfortunate at a pharmacy where they print the first two letters of your name on your prescription: "HO".

However, recently the problem has become much more serious. I brought in a prescription to be filled and indicated I would like to wait for it rather than return. When I got home, I noticed the heading now read "HO WAITING".

I'm not quite sure how I feel about that.

1 comment:

Jared K said...

You're funny Jen. Maybe you should call 1 800 I Wannabeaho. j/k.

Holly used to have funny variations on her maiden name, Luker.

Holly Luker, Filthy Luker, Holly Hooker, you know, people just need to realize that names are only this arbitrary thing. For all I care, my name could be Number 42. That would suffice. It just so happens to be this thing that people can make fun of, but the truth is, it's just a label. It doesn't matter all that much in the grand old scheme of things. AT least this is my 2 centavos.